Our SENCO is Miss Laura Smith.
Miss Smith has completed the NASENCO award. This is a statutory requirement for all SENCOs appointed new to role from September 2008.
Miss Smith is out of class on a Thursday afternoon as part of her nursery SENCO role. This is a good time for her to meet with parents and carers of children with SEND, although she can be available at other times too. If you would like to speak to Miss Smith, please contact the nursery and make an appointment to discuss your child’s needs.
It is the SENCO’s job to:
- Oversee the day-to-day operation of the school’s SEN policy
- Liaise with the relevant Designated Teacher where a looked after pupil has SEN
- Advise teachers on using a graduated approach to providing SEN support
- Advise on the deployment of the school’s delegated budget and other resources to meet the pupil’s needs effectively
- Liaise with parents/carers of pupils with SEN
- Liaise with and be a key point of contact for external agencies
- Ensure that the school keeps the records of all SEN pupils up to date
- Work with the head teacher and school governors to ensure that the school meets its responsibilities with regard to reasonable adjustments and access arrangements by phoning the school on 01388 814 970 or sending an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.