At Oxclose Nursery School, we are committed to equality. We pride ourselves in being very inclusive and will endeavour to support every child regardless of their level of need. We aim for every pupil to fulfil their potential no matter what their needs. Our School is committed to anti-discriminatory practice to promote equality of opportunity and valuing diversity for all children and families.
We follow the requirements of the Early Years Foundation Stage at a level and pace that is appropriate to children’s abilities and level of need. By encouraging independence at all age and ability levels we endeavour to develop confidence, improve self-esteem and promote enthusiasm in all our pupils through a rich, stimulating environment and a variety of additional opportunities.
We aim to:
- Provide a secure and accessible environment in which all our children can flourish and in which all contributions are considered and valued.
- Include and value the contribution of all families to our understanding of equality and diversity.
- Provide positive non-stereotyping information about gender roles, diverse ethnic and cultural groups and disabled people.
- Improve our knowledge and understanding of issues of anti-discriminatory practice, promoting equality and valuing diversity.
- Make inclusion a thread that runs through all of the activities of the school.
If you would like to discuss your SEND requirements in detail please contact the nursery to arrange an appointment.